Taking Care of Your Purchase
Please keep your lenses clean by washing them in warm soapy water or with the supplied lens cleaner. Rinse well and dry with a soft lint-free cotton towel or special eyeglass cleaning cloth.
Do not use cloths washed with fabric softener and never use ammonia or acetone based products.
Do not wipe your dry lenses with tissue paper or paper towel (paper fibre products will scratch lenses). Always use the proper micro-fibre cloth and cleaner to remove any dust and smudges off of the frame and lenses. Make sure to wash the cloth regularly.
Avoid leaving your glasses on the car dashboard in hot weather as the heat may distort them.
Keep your eye glasses in their protective case when not wearing them. Never rest them face down on their lenses. Always remember to use both hands to take off and put on your glasses by grab the temples midway on each side and slide them over your ears. This will help keep their adjustment longer however, over time, your frames will need adjusting. While many people like to think they can adjust their frames by themselves, it is recommended to have an eye care professional adjust your eyeglasses to ensure the proper fit and comfort.
As part of our promise to you for as long as you own your glasses, you may drop by our shoppe for cleaning, free minor repairs and adjustments.
Contact Lens Care Instructions
Contact lens cleaning and care practices vary depending on the type of lens you choose. There are many different options for cleaning and disinfecting your contacts. For instance some types, such as daily disposables, require little to no lens care – they are simply thrown away after each use. Whatever your needs may be, our opticians will recommend a cleaning regime suited to you and your contact lens requirements!
Reduce the Risk for Infection
Cleaning and safe handling of contact lenses are some of the most important measures contact lens wearers can take to protect their sight. The following are a few tips you can follow while cleaning and wearing your contact lenses to help avoid any adverse events:
- Always wash and dry your hands before touching contact lenses
- Carefully and regularly clean your contact lenses
- Never use water direct from the tap to rinse your lenses or your lens case
- Use fresh solution each time you place your lenses in a lens storage case. Do not “top off” (“topping off” is adding a little more solution to the solution that is already in the case)
- Rinse your lens case with solutions recommended by your eye care professional and according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- A new lens case should be used with each new bottle of solution
- Ask your eye care professional for specific advice regarding swimming with lenses
- Use only solutions recommended by your eye care professional
- Replace your contact lenses as recommended by your eye care professional as well as the manufacturer of the lens
If you experience any problems with your contact lenses, consult us right away. Discomfort or irritation can be an early sign of a more serious complication.
Call us for more information today!
11am – 6pm Tues & Thurs
10am – 5pm Wed & Fri
1-2pm Closed for Lunch T-F
9am – 2pm Sat
Closed Sun & Mon
Unit 100-698 Corydon Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3M0X9
Call us: +1 (204) 504 6863
Fax: +1 (855) 831 2311